The 2011 GB9 season has come to its conclusion with Jayson Shaw, Craig Osborne and Darryn Walker coming away with the final spoils of the year. With this being the final event of the season, and indeed with just under three months until the 2012 season is due to begin, this was the last chance of the year to soak up the atmosphere that GB9 creates...
Coming into the Pro Cup, the provisional British rankings made Imran Majid and Craig Osborne the two highest ranked players in the country. It was little surprise, therefore, that it was these two players who ended up contesting the last Pro Cup Final of the season. With Majid and Osborne also sitting pretty at second and third in the Pro Cup...
Former snooker professional Darryn Walker took his maiden final berth at a GB9. His progression to the final began with a 9-6 win over Jaspal Bamotra in the last 64, and after this a demolition job of Ryan Fleming with a 9-1 victory saw him comfortably into the last 16. 9-4 was the scoreline against Finlay Laing in his next encounter, but his...
This announcement contains exciting news from GB9 about the forthcoming season including:
- Prize fund increase of £1,700 per event
- £2000 Main Event 1st Prize
- Twice the number of Challenge event places winning prize money
- Membership fees frozen
- Pro division to be an elite 16 player field with a £1000 1st Prize (Double-Elimination to Last 8 )
- Event 3 will
Fri May 07 09:34AMIt hasn't been a great week for snooker with John Higgins being suspended after he was accused by the News of the World of taking a bribe to lose frames in future matches.
It was very disappointing to see the paper's video footage, especially as it concerned John, who I get on really well with, and whom I'm sure I will...
Wed Apr 21 05:50PMIt was great to see Steve Davis roll back the years and win on Tuesday night, although he must have felt a bit shaky in that deciding frame against Mark King.
It's great for snooker and I'm really chuffed for him, it's a massive achievement for someone who is 52. I'd be happy to still be walking at that age!
As far as my own...
Wed Apr 14 09:58AMThis week sees the highlight of every snooker player's season - the World Championship - and I cannot wait for it to begin.
Obviously over the last few years I have had some great matches and tournaments at the Crucible and hopefully this is the year I can land the big prize.
I might have lost to Ding Junhui at the China Open,...
More Articles ...
- Hearn deserves chance to save snooker
- One down, next up Ding
- Back to work, back to China
- Doherty the deadliest of Crucible draws
- Surprise at Lee arrest
- Some Pool Links To Explore
- Higgins a class act
- No rest for the wicked
- GBE 2010 Billiards Exhibition
- The Pool Bridge
- The Kick Shot 2
- The Kick Shot In Pool
- The Cut Shot In Pool
- The Cut Shot 2
- Billiardclick on Twitter
- New Snooker ebook available shortly
- Get a free Talisman cue tip for the next 10 people to post a link
- This Is Bank Shot Helper 2
- The Tangent Line
- The Tangent Line 3
- The Tangent Line 2
- Aiming Article
- This Bank Shot Helper Will Improve Your Game
- The Pool Table
- Snooker – Cue Tips Part 3
- Snooker – Cue Tips Part 2
- Snooker – Cue Tips Part 1
- Billiards Drills – Part 5
- Running an 8ball Rack – Strategy 4 – Thinking Ahead
- Your Three Basic Pool Strokes
- Keep A Level Cue
- The Proper Way To Grip The Cue
- Chalking The Cue
- The Cue Tip Video
- Choosing A Pool Cue
- The One Pocket Game
- Some Popular Pool Games
- Rotation Pool Games
- 8-Ball Tips