Ding Junhui landed his first ranking title of the season with a 9-6 victory over Mark Selby in the final of the 888 Welsh Open in Newport.
The 24-year-old from China put a largely disappointing campaign behind him in impressive fashion to pocket the £30,000 first prize on Sunday night.
Ding, a World Championship semi-finalist last season,...
Breakers Billiards and Lounge is pleased to announce the return of the PA State 9-Ball and One-Pocket Championships. Held March 17-18, the 9-ball event will feature a $3,000-added purse, while the one-pocket event will offer a $500-added purse and be held March 15-16.
The January 28th-29th weekend was the first tour stop for the OB Cues Ladies Tour and 51 ladies were anxious to start the New Year with some high spirited competition, fun and as some players call it, OBCLT therapy. It was great to see many, many new faces as well as familiar OBCLT family...
Mark Selby wore down Ronnie O'Sullivan in a gruelling encounter to reach the final of the 888 Welsh Open in Newport.
The Leicester potter won 6-2 and will play Ding Junhui, a victor by the same margin over Shaun Murphy earlier in the day, in Sunday's best-of-17-frames final.
O'Sullivan was the man in form heading into tonight's semi-final,...
story and photo by Ted Lerner
(Fujairah, UAE)–Call it a case of the student surpassing the master.
Taiwan’s Chang Jun Lin, who for the last ten years has been a pupil of fellow countryman Fu Chei Wei, did his pool teacher proud by winning the 2012 World 8-ball Championship, convincingly beating Fu in an all-Taiwan...
Ronnie O'Sullivan: Beat Judd Trump for the first time in four meetings to reach the semi-finals in Newport
Ronnie O'Sullivan's recent revival continued as he beat Judd Trump for the first time in four meetings to reach the semi-finals of the 888 Welsh Open in Newport.O'Sullivan won out 5-3 in a high-quality affair against UK Championship...
The International Cuemakers Association (ICA) is pleased to announce two of the world’s top cuemakers, Dan James and Thomas Wayne, as the 2012 inductees into the ICA Hall of Fame....
Story and photo by Ted Lerner
(Fujairah, UAE)–World 8-ball supremacy, along with $35,000 in cash, is assured of a home in Taiwan for the next year, as Fu Che We and Chang Jun Lin both won their semi-final matches this afternoon at the Fujairah Tennis and Country Club.
The all-Taiwan final between Fu and...
IT WAS a bizarre finish to the Cuestars South of England Under-21 Gold Tour final at Chandler’s Ford Snooker Club, near Southampton.
Convinced the fourth frame was already won, Daniel Woods casually slapped in a tricky match-ball black to beat Stuart Scott (Romford SC) 3-1.
But the 21-year-old university student’s maths were a tad out.
BRISTOL teenager Thomas Lancastle punched the air in delight after clinching a first ever Cuestars tournament win.
The 15-year-old with the Rolls-Royce cue-action edged Joshua Lee 2-1 in the final of the Cuestars South of England Under-21 Silver Tour fifth leg at Chandler’s Ford Snooker Club, near Southampton.
With 18 points on in the decider,...
EVENT-one winner Stewart Ball secured his second Cuestars South of England Under-21 Bronze Tour winner’s trophy at Chandler’s Ford Snooker Club, near Southampton.
In a repeat of the first-leg final in Salisbury last October, the 16-year-old from the Greenbaize Snooker Club, Bournemouth, saw off his nine-year-old clubmate Bradley Cowdroy.
IT MAY take a while for the beaming smile to be wiped off Kaine Petty’s face.
The 13-year-old from the Greenbaize Snooker Club, Bournemouth, picked up his first Cuestars silverware. And it was a winner’s trophy.
Petty defeated Cuestars debutant Dan Sykes (Chandler’s Ford SC) on the black in the final of the Plate, a competition for those not q...
by Ted Lerner
(Fujairah, United Arab Emirates) — It’s never over until it’s over. Liu Haitao must surely be singing the praises of that universal phrase about now, after the hard nose Chinese turned a desperate situation around at the very last moment, and came back from an 8-5 deficit to shock Taiwan’s Ko...
Mark Williams: Welsh left-hander has failed to beat Ronnie O'Sullivan for a decade
Mark Williams and Matthew Stevens crashed out in the last 16 of the 888 Welsh Open to end home interest in the Newport event.Williams was beaten 4-1 by the in-form Ronnie O'Sullivan, while Stevens fell to a 4-2 defeat to last year's finalist Stephen Maguire.Willi...
World Champion John Higgins paid the price for a missed pink in the sixth frame as he was dumped out of the 888 Welsh Open by Ding Junhui in the second round.
Higgins appeared poised for a 4-2 victory but he missed a pink off the rest and allowed Ding to tie it a 3-3 before a break of 86 sealed the win.
All the drama of the match was in the...
Barry Hearn: Plans to introduce a £1million winner's cheque at World Championship
World Snooker chairman Barry Hearn has outlined ambitious plans to shake-up the format of the World Championship.Held at Sheffield's Crucible Theatre, the World Championship was thought to be untouchable when Hearn took over the running of the game.However, in...
Saves Day for USA
Story and photo by Ted Lerner
(Fujairah, UAE)–Facing elimination, and bearing the burden of having to carry the hopes of the United States squarely on his shoulders, Max Eberle proved his mettle tonight at the Fujairah Tennis and Country club, pulling out a hard fought come from behind 7-4 win...
Tickets to Australia’s prestigious world ranking tournament, the Australian Goldfields Open, are now on sale, announced Victorian Minister for Tourism and Major Events, Louise Asher.
Ms Asher said the international event, to be staged at Bendigo Stadium from July 9 to 15, is a highlight on Victoria’s world-class major events calendar.
More Articles ...
- Judgement Day at World 8-Ball Championship
- Williams holds off Hicks
- Snooker - Hendry upsets Robertson in Welsh Open
- Big names at Bendigo
- Appleton Confident at World 8-Ball Championship
- Welcome to Pool 101
- Davis sends Carter packing
- Snooker - Vintage Davis upsets Carter
- Hendry, Davis And Doherty Make Newport - 888真人Welsh Open
- Snooker - Davis and Hendry qualify for Newport
- Snooker - Davis beats Lucky in Welsh qualifying
- Stevens looks for home comforts
- In-Form Stevens Looks Ahead To Newport - 888真人Welsh Open
- ALLEN WINS GROUP SIX OF CLS - Championship League Snooker
- Snooker - Allen moves into winners group
- ALLEN WINS FIRST THREE IN LATEST CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE SNOOKER GROUP
- Hawkins makes it through to final group - Championship League Snooker
- Snooker - Allen on top after opening matches
- Mark Allen is front-runner after day one - Championship League Snooker
- Snooker - Hawkins wins Championship League Group 5
- Higgins Seeks To End Trophy Drought - 888真人Welsh Open
- Snooker - Higgins hopes practice makes perfect
- Snooker - Allen starts best in Championship League 5
- Snooker - O'Sullivan wins German Masters after epic final
- O'Sullivan rules in Germany
- Snooker - German Masters results
- Snooker - German Masters century breaks
- Snooker - On-fire Maguire stuffs Murphy in Berlin semis
- O'Sullivan to meet Maguire
- Snooker - O'Sullivan overcomes virus to reach final
- O'Sullivan marches into semis
- Rocket races past Perry
- Snooker - O'Sullivan overcomes Stevens to reach semis
- Charlton shakes off dose of semi-finalitis - Cuestars
- Snooker - Magical O'Sullivan hits two tons to reach last eight
- Higgins battered in Berlin
- 'Cue' the music dim the lights…..Love is in the air at Rileys Sports Bars
- O'Sullivan back from the brink
- Snooker - Maguire whitewashes Higgins in Berlin
- Snooker - O'Sullivan stages stunning recovery in Berlin
- Murphy scrapes through
- Snooker - Williams drubs struggling Doherty
- No Higgins favours for Rocket
- Mahmud Is A Champion Amongst Houston Snooker Players
- Top Snooker Cuemen Set For Galway - Players Tour Championship Grand Finals
- Hawk Flies To Shoot-Out Crown
- Snooker - Hawkins wins Snooker Shoot-Out
- Snooker - Allen dumps out Higgins in Blackpool
- Snooker - Bond ousted from Shoot-Out
- World's First 3D Snooker Live On Sky
- Davis in the money as he claims Group 4 win - Championship League Snooker
- WPBSA Statement - Mark Allen
- Snooker - Davis inflicts more woe on Selby
- Partypoker.com To Sponsor Snooker Shoot-Out
- SELBY DOMINATES DAY ONE AGAIN - Championship League Snooker
- Snooker - Allen fined £250 for swearing
- 888 Sponsor Welsh Open - World Snooker
- Snooker - Selby makes strong start
- Robbo caps great few days with CLS victory - Championship League Snooker
- WPBSA PRESS STATEMENT
- Snooker - 'Unusual betting' prompts probe
- Snooker - On-fire Robertson wins again
- Snooker - Selby starts well in Championship League 3
- Snooker - Masters champ Robertson rubbishes 'slow' claims
- Snooker - Robertson revels in Masters glory
- Snooker - Masters results
- Snooker - Masters century breaks
- Snooker - Murphy hits three tons to reach final
- Snooker - Beaten Trump berates 'boring' Robertson
- Snooker - Robertson beats Trump to reach Masters final
- Snooker - Murphy ousts struggling Selby
- Snooker - Robertson sets up Trump semi
- Snooker - Higgins gets shirty ahead of Masters semi
- Snooker - Higgins beats Dott to make semis
- Snooker - Trump 'buzzing' after winning Clasico
- Snooker - Trump outguns boyhood idol O’Sullivan
- Snooker - Dott to face Higgins after beating Carter
- Snooker - Former champ Selby survives Lee fightback
- Snooker - Robertson overcomes Allen
- Snooker - Higgins: Trump can dominate for years
- Snooker - Murphy marches into Masters last eight
- Snooker - Trump wins to set up O'Sullivan showdown
- Snooker - Hendry qualifies for World Open
- Snooker - White and Davis out of World Open qualifying
- Snooker - Murphy sinks Selby to progress
- Snooker - Selby records three wins
- Snooker - Trump beats Murphy in CLS final
- Snooker - Stevens on brink in Championship League
- Snooker - Haikou to host World Open
- Snooker - Maguire triumphs at PTC12
- Snooker - Hendry into semis at PTC12
- Snooker - Walden remains on track at PTC12
- Snooker - Stevens relishing Masters return
- Snooker - Ford beats Gould in PTC 11 final
- Snooker - Cope keeps 147 run going in Sheffield
- Snooker - Ding fires 147 on way to last 16
- Snooker - Big names fall at PTC12
- Snooker - Trump: UK title win down to confidence
- Snooker - UK Championship century breaks
- Snooker - Trump hangs on to win classic UK final