|Picture by Monique Limbos|
The Rocket has had three previous World Championship triumphs and bundles of fantastic moments in the game, but this could arguably be his finest.
Ronnie O’Sullivan tonight became the world champion for the fourth time in his illustrious career following an 18-11 triumph over Ali Carter.
It’s the second time that the English pair have met with snooker’s holy grail at stake and, while Carter enjoyed claiming three more frames than in 2008, the result was always inevitably going to be the same.
Coming into the final session with a 15-10 lead, Ronnie O’Sullivan required just three m
RONNIE O'Sullivan regained the world snooker championship with an 18-11 victory over Ali Carter at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield.
The Rocket, who had enjoyed the better of the opening day of the final where he closed 10-7 returned and swiftly extended his advantage to 14-7, punishing the mistakes of Carter.
But just as some were wondering...
Ronnie O'Sullivan claimed the World Championship title for a fourth time with a comfortable 18-11 victory over Ali Carter at the Crucible.'The Rocket' followed up his triumphs in 2001, 2004 and 2008 with an impressive performance against his fellow Englishman.O'Sullivan led 10-7 going into Monday's play and promptly reeled off the first four...
Today, the final two sessions of the 2012 World Championship will be played and, with it, comes the conclusion of a jam-packed and memorable season.
Ronnie O’Sullivan grafted a three-frame overnight cushion over Ali Carter following yesterday’s intriguing battle to lead 10-7.
Neither player were at their imperial best but both scrapped well when
Stamina test: Ronnie O'Sullivan (left) and Ali Carter resume on Monday
Ronnie O'Sullivan remained on course to clinch his fourth world title after opening up a 10-7 lead over Ali Carter in the final at the Crucible.O'Sullivan, who has hinted he will follow Stephen Hendry into retirement after the final concludes on Monday, looked set to end...
South West Snooker Academy is delighted to announce the launch of the 2012 Pink Ribbon Pro Am, the biggest Charity Pro Am in the World…
Following the success of the first two year’s events, this year is set to be even bigger and better.
The Amateur qualifying days will be 6-8 June with the 32 seeded professionals joining the tournament on 9-10 June.
Ken Doherty, one of snooker’s most experienced players, has joined the board of the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association (WPBSA).
Former World Champion Doherty was co-opted as the second Non-Executive Player Director at a WPBSA board meeting during the Betfred.com World Snooker Championship this week. He will join six times World...
And then there were two. After a fortnight which has a seen a 147, a retirement, controversial comments and some great action on the baize, the final battle for the 2012 World Championship will be contested between Ronnie O’Sullivan and Ali Carter, a repeat of the 2008 showpiece. Click below for my thoughts ahead of the match, as well as on the...
|Picture by Monique Limbos|
We've seen it all. Joy, despair, surprises,comebacks, flukes and more but now we're down to an Essex derby to decide who becomes world champion.
Ronnie O'Sullivan faces Ali Carter in a repeat of the final some four years...
RONNIE O'Sullivan cruised into the final of the World Championships with a 17-10 victory over Matthew Stevens.
Resuming with a 15-9 advantage ovber the Welshman the Rocket needed only fifty minutes to put paid to the challenge of the man who has contested two world championship finals but has yet to wear the world crown.
Stevens though to his...
Ronnie O'Sullivan: chasing a fourth world title
Ronnie O'Sullivan quickly claimed the two frames he needed to set up a clash against Ali Carter in the Betfred.com World Championship final.The three-time former champion ended Welshman Matthew Stevens' hopes with a 17-10 victory in a short Saturday evening session.Sunday and Monday will see a...
Ali Carter: Reached the final for the second time in five years
Ali Carter completed a 17-12 triumph over Stephen Maguire to secure his place in the final of the Betfred.com World Championship.Beaten 2008 finalist Carter was suffering so badly with Crohn's disease, the bowel condition he was diagnosed with nine years ago, that he considered...
Ronnie O'Sullivan: Final in sight
Ronnie O'Sullivan put a slow start behind him on Saturday to move two frames away from a place in the World Championship final.The 36-year-old started so slowly it seemed Matthew Stevens, 11-5 behind heading into the session, would significantly close the gap ahead of tonight's concluding session.At one stage...
Day fifteen at the Crucible and already there has been a dramatic morning session as Matthew Stevens attempted to come back from 11-5 down against Ronnie O’Sullivan to make a match of it. Click below to see how he got on?
With the final trip to Sheffield...
Ronnie O'Sullivan: Imperious form on Friday
Ronnie O'Sullivan reeled off six straight frames to leave Matthew Stevens shell-shocked in their Betfred.com World Championship semi-final.The three-time champion was on top form as he surged into an 11-5 lead on the back of a stunning second session on Friday.He treated a rapt audience to breaks of...
The debate is revisited nearly every year and once again chatter among journalists and bloggers, players and fans has resorted back to the format of the World Championship semi-finals.
Many have their own personal view and a lot of these have been shared on other blogs, Twitter and Facebook over the course of the last 24 hours so I thought I may
Three days on from the shock announcement from Stephen Hendry that he is to hang up his cue in professional competition with immediate effect, here are my reflections on the seven-times world champion and of the impact that he had on the sport for me as a fan…
Writing this blog for coming up to four years now, I have always believed it important
Stephen Maguire won the final three frames of the evening but it is Ali Carter who remains in charge of their Betfred.com World Championship semi-final.
Carter was considering retirement at the turn of the year, as he struggled badly with Crohn's disease, a bowel condition, but now a second appearance in the World Championship final beckons...
If you are reading this then you are now viewing the site through the correct server and we are back in business for the closing stages of this 2012 World Championship. Thank you for your patience!
Meanwhile, the action on the table has continued as we are down to the last four, click below for my summary of the story so far, as well as a few
More Articles ...
- Time to tinker?
- CIMLAS STAR SNOOKERED FOR TABLE SPACE
- O'Sullivan creeps in front
- Carter takes narrow lead
- O'Sullivan's quit fears
- Rocket leads semi-finals march...
- The Jamie Jones show
- Rocket rolls into semis
- Superb O’Sullivan into Semis
- Hearn Announces Asian PTCs
- Server Move
- Barry Hearn Announces Asian Order of Merit, Asian PTCs and More
- Masters Snooker Returns To Alexandra Palace
- York Return for UK Championship
- Hearn: I retired Hendry
- Snooker - Carter grinds out win over Jones
- Crucible Diary: Day Twelve
- Snooker’s Wuxi Classic Becomes World Ranking Event
- Stevens into semis
- Snooker - Sublime O'Sullivan storms into semis
- Maguire hails Hendry
- Goodbye to a legend!
- Snooker - Wuxi Classic becomes ranking event
- Snooker - Kane: Snooker's greatest has gone too soon
- White leads Hendry tributes
- Hendry calls it quits
- Maguire Ends Hendry Career
- Slow start for Rocket
- Stephen Hendry Announces Retirement From Snooker
- 2012/13 Roll Call
- Hendry fluffs his lines
- Snooker - Stevens sends Day packing
- Snooker - Hendry confirms retirement after defeat
- Snooker - Maguire completes Hendry demolition
- Crucible Diary 2012: Day Eleven
- Jones into World Quarter Finals
- Turbulence for Trump as Carter Flies Through
- JIMMY WHITE LAUNCHES IPHONE COACHING APP
- Snooker - Jones holds nerve to oust Higginson
- Snooker - O'Sullivan wraps up win over Williams
- Snooker - Stevens stays on course for third final
- Snooker - Carter hits back to sink Trump in thriller
- Snooker - Day cruises to victory over Cao
- Snooker - Hendry knocks out champ Higgins
- Snooker - Robertson beats Gilbert to make quarters
- Snooker - Maguire sees off Perry
- Snooker - China to host first overseas 'major'
- Snooker - Williams secures O'Sullivan clash
- Snooker - Carter beats Davis to clinch Trump tie
- Snooker - Video: Hendry's Crucible maximum
- The Hawk flies past Selby
- Snooker - World number one Selby crashes out
- Perry into World Championship Last 16
- Snooker - Allen apologises for China comments
- Snooker - Day ousts wasteful Ding in thriller
- Snooker - Perry wraps up win over struggling Dott
- Queen Reanne the 8th
- STATEMENT – MARK ALLEN
- Maria Catalano meets Latvia’s Tatjana Vasiljeva in the last four of the Women’s World Championships
- Jones lay down Murphy’s Law
- Tornado goes Wild
- Snooker - Stevens crushes Fu to reach last 16
- Snooker - Jones dumps former champ Murphy
- Snooker - Allen faces fine and ban for 'cheat' slur
- Snooker - Maguire completes win over Brecel
- Snooker - Robertson downs Doherty to progress
- Snooker - Hendry sets up Higgins clash
- Joe Perry ready for first round clash with Dott
- Snooker - Allen: Chinese snooker players are cheats
- Snooker - Cao stuns Allen in Sheffield
- Snooker - Qualifier Gilbert stuns Gould
- New tip gets a grip on cue sports
- Snooker - Champion Higgins edges Liang in thriller
- Allen Resumes Crucible Love Affair
- Snooker - Hearn praises record Asian contingent
- Joe is Worlds Apart
- World Snooker - We Love The Crucible
- Snooker - Williams: Crucible is a 's*** hole'
- Rankings Watch 2011/12: World Championship Preview – Crucible Update
- World Championship 2012: Tournament Preview – Part One
- Crucible Countdown: Fans prediction panel
- Crucible Countdown: Blogger verdicts
- Pink Ribbon to Return in 2012
- World Championship First Round Predictions
- South West Snooker Academy announces the launch of the 2012 Pink Ribbon Pro Am
- Question time... with Gould and Bingham
- Stephen Lee EXCLUSIVE interview: It's a graft and I'm prepared for the fight
- World Championship Preview Podcast
- Premier League Finals Move To Grimsby
- Higgins: Going to win it this year would be amazing.
- Snooker - Rocket to face Ebdon at Crucible
- O’Sullivan To Face Ebdon At The Crucible
- Crucible draw made
- Six of the Best On Q for the Crucible
- World Championship Draw
- Irish Scene: Delaney Beats Redmond in Navan
- It's A Fabulous Fourth Season Snooker Title For Fung
- Snooker - Hendry qualifies, loses youngest player record
- World Championship 2012: Draw News