Evans Wants Number One Ranking Back
20 February 2012 100 views No Comment
TWO women snooker players from Wiltshire will join an international field for the Connie Gough National Championships in Swindon on Saturday.
Jesters Snooker Hall plays host for the fifth leg of the World Ladies Billiards & Snooker
Call it a case of the student surpassing the master.
Taiwan’s Chang Jun Lin, who for the last ten years has been a pupil of fellow countryman Fu Chei Wei, did his pool teacher proud by winning the 2012 World 8-ball Championship, convincingly beating Fu in an all-Taiwan finals in Fujairah, 11—6.
Chang’s performance today, which started with a gritty 9...
Two Chinese Taipei Players Battle for World 8-Ball Title
20 February 2012 86 views No Comment
It’s never over until it’s over.
Liu Haitao must surely be singing the praises of that universal phrase about now, after the hard nose Chinese turned a desperate situation around at the very last moment, and came back from an 8-5 deficit to shock Taiwan’s Ko Pin Yi, 9-8, and move into the semi –finals of the World 8-ball Championship in Fujairah, UA...
SEO folks. They’re so clever. Since there are lots of website owners that are a) aware of the value of links and b) too lazy to come up with their own content, SEOers came up with the now annoyingly ubiquitous infographic. Think lots of information jammed onto an image with a clever title and funny graphics along with a text box with link code.
STORY AND PHOTO BY TED LERNER
(Fujairah, UAE)--World 8-ball supremacy, along with $35,000 in cash, is assured of a home in Taiwan for the next year, as Fu Che We and Chang Jun Lin both won their semi-final matches this afternoon at the Fujairah Tennis and Country Club.
The all-Taiwan final between Fu and Chang will begin later today at 5pm local
Mosconi Cup: Van Boening off to Perfect Start
16 February 2012 150 views No Comment
(Fujairah, United Arab Emirates)—It’s never over until it’s over.
Liu Haitao (right) must surely be singing the praises of that universal phrase about now, after the hard nose Chinese turned a desperate situation around at the very last moment, and came back from an 8-5 deficit to shock Taiwan’s Ko Pin Yi, 9-8, and move into the semi –finals of th
The World 8-ball Championship turned into a wide open race on Wednesday in Fujairah, United Arab Emirates, as some of the games biggest names, including defending champion Dennis Orcullo, last year’s runner up Niels Feijen, and semi-finalist Darren Appleton all were sent packing barely after the knockout stages had gotten going.
Other big names,...
This in from WPA's Ted Lerner: Facing elimination, and bearing the burden of having to carry the hopes of the United States squarely on his shoulders, Max Eberle (right) proved his mettle tonight at the Fujairah Tennis and Country club, pulling out a hard fought come from behind 7-4 win over Singapore’s Kwang Chan Ken to advance to the round of 6
We all expect that we can win but when it comes down to the table we sometimes falter. What happened to our confidence at this point? Why are we so eager to believe before the game yet unable to follow through?
Sometimes when the moment comes we start to disbelieve our abilities, the atmosphere oppressive, the tension unbearable, we start to...
APA spokesperson Jeanette Lee “The Black Widow” is now offering instructional clinics. The Black Widow Experience is normally $300, but APA members are being offered a special $250 rate! Players of all skill levels are welcome. The clinic will include instruction, challenge matches, photos and autographs.
For more information or to...
Oh, Apple. While visiting good old So Cal to see the family, I decided to take my Dad on a trip to the Apple store to get an iPad. I’m not an Apple freak like those Cult of Mac folks, but I do respect their customer service. If there’s one thing that Apple does well, it is take care of their customers. So imagine my surprise when I came across
2011 World Junior Billiard Champions Crowned
The 2011 World Pool-Billiard Association (WPA) World Junior 9-Ball Championship was held in Kielce, Poland on August 31 – September 4, 2011. Junior billiard champions 18 years old and younger traveled to Poland from 21 countries to compete for the world titles i...
APA Members of the Military - We Want to Hear From You! (Monday, January 23, 2012)
APA Supports Our Troops (Tuesday,
HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 23:51:26 GMT Server: Apache/2.2.11 Last-Modified: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 17:48:59 GMT ETag: "2020002-8e7a5-4b7c2760dd8c0" Accept-Ranges: bytes Content-Length: 583589 Content-Type: application/pdf %PDF-1.5 % 1 0 obj >>> endobj 2 0...
MT. PLEASANT, MI - The WPBA Masters
at the Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort has now concluded, and the
winner is none other than Ewa Mataya Laurance, defeating #2
ranked Allison Fisher in an epic battle of two veteran champions and fellow BCA Hall of Famers!
BCA and WPBA Hall of Famer, former Grand...
"I came to defend my title" became an understatement as twenty-eight-year old Shane Van Boening (pictured) won his second Derby City Master of the Table crown.
Van Boening's superior play took him to an unprecedented three championship rounds. In a hill/hill match, he succumbed to John Morra in the bank leg.......
More news and photos in from Tony Fox at the DCC:
As the 2012 Derby City Classic One Pocket leg entered the final rounds, Brandon Shuff handed defending champion Shane Van Boening (pictured right) a 3-0 defeat. But, in the re-draw for the final six players, Shuff/Van Boening met again. This time Van Boening was the v......
This in from Tony Fox, in Derby City to cover and photograph the event for P&B:
Toronto Canada's 22-year-old John Morra has won the Bank Pool Leg of the 2012 Derby City Classic. Morra entered the championship round undefeated.
Morra believes a "pretty easy" draw helped him to the final round. Shane Van Boening,......
Ok pool fans, the WPBA Masters starts today. No Round of 16 redraw for this event, as the winners side and losers side don’t meet back up until the semifinals. Lots of new names. Click the linkage below for the brackets (which the WPBA will update on a regular basis throughout the weekend.
Authors: Mike Feiman...
I’m gonna start this by saying I really like our coach. Jon Embree is a football guy, he’s a no nonsense guy and frankly, he’s the freaking man. He booted a bunch of guys off the team in the past year for conduct issues, which as an alum I was totally fine with. I could care less about last year’s 3-10 because he’s building a better machine and
Attention APA members who are current or formerly in the military—we want to hear your story! Visit the link below and complete the form detailing who you are, where you are from, where you were/are stationed, how long you’ve been playing in the APA, how long you’ve been/were in the military and anything interesting you’d like to share about your...
More Articles ...
- How-To Pool Videos
- Pool Synergy – What If the Cool Kids Played Pool?
- C’mon Sales Guy, Really?
- New APA National Discount: Daytona International Speedway
- 2012 CU Football Yo!
- Missing The Good Old Videogame Days
- Resolutions: 2012 Edition
- The Jewish Omnivore – Brisket
- Cristina Instruction: 2-Rail Kicking System
- Enterprise Offering Discounted Vehicle Pricing
- The Real SEO Customer Bill of Rights #3 – Walking the Talk
- Europe One Point Away from Mosconi Cup Victory!
- A Shining Light
- The Absurdity of the Epiphany
- U.S. Amateur Champion Featured in Sports Illustrated
- Cyber Monday, I So Love/Hate You
- Loi Kemple
- Cristina Instruction: Mastering Rail First Shots
- Today in Antisemetic Advertising – Wodka Vodka
- Case Study – Frag Dolls vs Rack Starz
- T-Mobile Subliminal Goodness
- 2011 U.S. Amateur Championship Results
- Predator Releases Newest Cues in Ikon Series
- Latonia Taylor
- Cristina Instruction: Run Out More 8-Ball Racks
- Cristina Instruction: Tee Shot vs. Break Shot
- Scott Johns
- Introducing Simonis Cloth Classic Tours
- Cristina Instruction: You Are What You Think You Are
- Team Havoc
- Cristina Instruction: 10 Tips to Change Your Game
- Cristina Instruction: Finding the Tangent Line
- Pool for Beginners.com
- Pool And Billiards Rules
- Predator to Open Asian Office
- Matt Hepburn
- Mitch Laurance to Receive Humanitarian Award
- Cristina Instruction: Back to the Basics
- Allison Fisher Joins Dragon Promotions
- Brianne Breniser
- APA Donates $5,000 to Relief Efforts in Japan
- Ray Miller
- ScoreBig - No hustle, just great ticket deals and $10
- Cristina Instruction: Short-Rail Kicks
- APA League Operator Named in Orange County’s “Top 20 Women to Watch in 2011”
- APA League Operator Wins 2011 World Artistic Pool Championship
- “Salt City Billiards” Welcomes APA Spring Singles Regional Tournament to Syracuse, New York
- Frank’s New York Deli in Arden, NC Feeds Blue Ridge APA Members at a Discount!
- APA Black Widow Tour New York Video Highlights!
- James Haslip
- Cristina Instruction: Coaching
- APA Black Widow Tour Miami Video Recap
- Black Widow Featured in Times Square
- APA Black Widow Tour Chicago Video Recap
- Predator MyKon Billiard Cue-Design Contest Narrowed to Two Finalists
- Check Out this New Video Featuring Footage from the APA Black Widow Tour!
- BEF Unveils Cool New Pool Poster
- Bill Morse
- Akron/Canton APA Road Trip - The Perfect Cure for Snowmageddon 2011!
- Cristina Instruction: Setting Goals for the New Year
- APA Black Widow Tour Facebook Page Now Available
- Jim Adams
- Cristina Instruction: Using English to Find New Paths for Shape
- BREAKING NEWS—APA Announces 2011 BLACK WIDOW TOUR!
- Brunswick Facebook Fans: Win a Piece of Billiards History!
- It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas in Pool Town! TSKRSKR5BPUX
- Brunswick Announces Holiday Promotion
- James Spires
- The Last Hoorah Wins APA Illinois State Invitational
- 2010 Great Lakes Invitational Champion Crowned
- National Singles Championship Video Now Available!
- Cristina Instruction: All is Fair in Love and Pool
- David Shaw
- 3-Year-Old Pool Prodigy Wows Crowd at U.S. Open
- Cristina Instruction: I’d Rather Be the Worst Than the Best
- New APA National Discount: Grand Canyon Railway
- Master Instructional Series with APA Co-Founder Terry Bell
- APA Player Featured on House Hunters
- WPBA Launches New Website at Atlanta Classic
- Cristina Instruction: Key 9-Ball Safety Shots
- Billiard Congress of America Inks Deal with Coca-Cola
- Matthew Grenz
- Andy Segal Crowned ESPN Trick Shot Magic Champion
- WPBA Membership Drive Telethon at the Atlanta Classic
- The Black Widow Welcomes Baby Girl
- P&B Readers Invited to Participate in Survey
- Cristina Instruction: You Have to Learn How to Lose Before You Can Learn How to Win
- Annee Milewski
- Working Advantage
- Cristina Instruction: Preparing for Tournaments
- Mike McDaniels
- Cristina Instruction: In Over Your Head
- Davis Lastrapes
- Cristina Instruction: Identifying Your Strengths and Weaknesses
- Cristina's Introduction to APA / Pro Players Play Safeties, Too!
- APA Play is Smokin' at Smokehouse Billiards Pool Hall in Myrtle Beach, SC
- Lesson 10: In Parting, My Greatest Tips for Playing Great Pool
- Pool and Billiards DVDs
- Lesson 9: Your Equipment Demystified
- Pool and Billiards Books